Worried About Covid-19? As travelers ourselves, we understand that planning a vacation right now might seem risky. But traveling and experiencing other cultures are what brings many of us pleasure and the planning and anticipation of it does to! Planning a great vacation should be FUN and stress free. Therefore we have implemented procedures and policies to ensure that fun and stress free vacation!
Before Your Trip
There is no need to have a COVID test before your trip to Mexico. For an idea of what it’s like to travel to Mexico, please take a look at my website blog: COVID in Quintana Roo. Although this was written in June 2020, it still applies.
And as a piece of mine, in the unfortunate event you must cancel your reservation due to last minute travel restrictions imposed by the government, you may rebook at a later time or receive a full refund if booked direct.
There have been very few reported cases in the Akumal area. Akumal, and especially Half Moon Bay, where we are, has a very low population density. Our complex, La Sirena, has natural social distancing due to the fact it occupies quite a large land area. Our pool is the largest in Akumal and our elevated beach extends the length of the complex with numerous spaced palapas. We can proudly say over the past year, La Sirena has remained virus free!
During Your Stay
In an effort to keep everyone safe – both our staff and our guests – we have implemented the latest recommended processes and procedures for the management and cleaning of our complex and individual units. These include:
- Unlike most other complexes, we have a dedicated staff who support only our complex.
- We also have assigned units for our housekeeping staff to minimize movement and contact.
- We have trained our interior housekeeping and maintenance staff to follow the latest protocols of cleaning and disinfecting in the units and the common areas. When any of our staff is inside a unit, they will be wearing masks.
- Our staff is tested every day.
- We operate with a paid-sick leave system. If they have to stay home, they will not lose wages.
There is no need to wear a mask while outside or inside your unit. We do ask you follow social distancing rules while around our staff. As much as possible, our staff will see to the needs of your unit, for cleaning and maintenance, while you are NOT in residence to minimize everyone’s contact. In order to remain that way we need your help and assurance:
- That no person in your party has recently experienced any cold or flu symptoms.
- That no person in your party has experienced a fever within the last 14 days.
- That no person in your party has been exposed to or interacted with a person known to have tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
- That you and the members of your party will follow social distancing and face mask guidelines in current practice for the time that you are in the Akumal area and staying at La Sirena.